In-Person QA Training Information:
Junior Fair exhibitors are required to attend one of the Quality Assurance programs. Junior Fair exhibitors of the following animals are required to attend:
* Dairy Cattle
* Feeder Calves Beef and Dairy
* Market Steers/Heifers
* All Goats (Pygmy, Market, Dairy, Boer, and all other breeds)
* Market Lambs
* Market Hogs
* Rabbits*Requirement by the Ohio State Department of Agriculture (projects: #225, #226 and #227)
All QA programs will take place at the Butler County Fairgrounds, 1715 Fairgrove Avenue, Hamilton, OH 45011.
TIME: Registration begins at 6:00 pm
START: 6:30 pm
- Monday, February 13, 2023
- Wednesday, February 15, 2023
- Wednesday, March 8, 2023
- Monday, March 13, 2023
- April TBD
QA Test-Out Information:
Test Out Date: Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Test Time: 5:00 pm
Location: OSUE, Butler County, 1802 Princeton Road, Hamilton, OH 45011
You must RSVP – to Emily Masters at email@example.com
Please provide Emily with your AGE as of January 1, 2023 and what animal(s) you plan on taking to the 2023 county fair. Your animal species will determine if you take the Small Animal test or the Large Animal test.
Test Out Information:
Members may test out of attending Quality Assurance if:
- They have attended at least two QA programs.
- They are either 12-14 years old or 15-18 years old as of January 1st of the current year.
- Parents are not required to attend the test out.
There are two age categories for the test (12-14) and (15-18). There are 50 multiple choice questions in each age category and members must pass with a 70%. If a member does not pass the test, they and a parent must attend on of the three Quality Assurance programs scheduled in order to show and sell their animal at the Butler County Fair. If the member passes in the 12-14 age category, they will not need to attend QA and can wait until they are age 15 to take the test again. If they pass the test at age 15 or older, they do not need to attend QA ever again.
RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. ONLY youth that RSVP are allowed to take the test-out option.